200 hr Yoga Teacher Training Program
Scentsuosity 200-Hour Weekend Teacher Training Classes will be held person and practicing (covid guidlines) & online
June 4, 2022 to October 26, 2022
When: 2 weekends out of the month on Saturdays-Sundays
Time: 9 am to 4 pm
Where: Scentsuosity Studio, Wake Forest NC
Tuition: $3000, deposit of $429.00 is due by June 1, 2022
Early Bird: $2600, a savings of $400. The deposit is due before or on May 25, 2022
All monies deposited are nonrefundable. A deposit of $429.00 is due on June 1, 2022. The following 6 payments of $428.50 are due monthly on the 15th of each month till October. Once you enroll there will be no refunds and no exceptions. If you choose to not complete your 200 hr program you will not have to pay any left balances but can resume taking class at another time.
Meet Your Teacher Lea J. Alston
Lea is a registered Yoga Alliance E-RYT-500 and has been teaching Yoga classes since 2014 to students of all backgrounds in a intimate studio setting. She loves teaching with kindness, passion and her skills will set you on a path to being your very best as a yoga teacher if you choose. Lea will be offering intensives in 2022 along with a 300hr training at the Scentsuosity Well-Being Yoga School. Some of her classes involve a little of the best of everything from meditations, stagnant poses and flows. Lea is also an creative and has certifications in aromatherapy, thai body massage, crystal healing, soul writing and teaches natural cosmetic formulating for over 15 yrs.
Our 200-Hour Curriculum uniquely blends the history and philosophical teachings of different forms of yoga with the essential components of asana, anatomy and sequencing. While the curriculum is stacked for an immersive learning experience, the delivery is interactive and personalized, encouraging a well-rounded approach to developing both your personal practice and your teaching skills. Students enrolled in this program will be allowed to participate for free in unlimited number of regularly scheduled yoga classes during the 7 month term of the teacher training course.The training is specifically designed to help you:
Students enrolled in this program will be allowed to participate for free in unlimited number of regularly scheduled yoga classes during the 7 month term of the teacher training course.
In this training you will learn:
Techniques, Training and Practice:
Learn the basic history of Yoga.
Learn asanas (poses), including modifications and variations. New poses along with topics of study are reviewed and practiced for a better understanding.
Study pranayama ( breathing ) and its historical context and its affect on within the body. Learn and practiceUijayi, Nadi, Shodhana, Kapalabhati and others.
Learn the traditional yoga techniques of chanting, mantra, and meditation and how to incorporate them into your classes.
Master the Yoga Legacy safety map as you learn to create safe and well rounded classes with our warm up, work and cool down sequences to develop an effective class. Learning to offer modifications as you train.
- Master class sequencing and developing good time management skills while learning to prioritize and set boundaries.
- Study the application and use of demonstration, observation, assisting and correction skills with opportunities as you teach weekly trainings. Learn how to address the needs of your students.
- Learn to teach safe, effective classes for all students while honing how to use your own cuing language and techniques. Finding your teaching voice.
- Explore and develop your own style and teach the practice that calls to you. Each weekend you will learn and teach a different skill to help you begin to master these effectively.
- Learn the Business of Yoga to include marketing, legal and pre-created workshops for your use.
Anatomy and Physiology:
- Study anatomy learning about muscles, bones and joints and how they are involved with your asanas. How this can differ from student to student.
- Apply anatomy and physiology principles to yoga practice studying their benefits and contraindications, which are included for each pose, as well as learning healthy movement patterns.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Learn about the Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras and Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
- Study a specific Yama or Niyama throughout each training weekend.
- Learn about dharma and karma and it’s yogic application.
- Study the 8 Limbs of Yoga and how to apply them to your daily practice.
- Understand ethics for yoga teachers and teacher/student relationships.
- Practice teach a class to fellow trainees every training weekend, developing comfort and mastery of leading yoga classes prior to graduation.
- Receive facilitator feedback, helping you develop your teaching style with this helpful mentoring aspect.
- Keep class notebook to record observations during training to develop mastery of this skill.